Which better way to get to know our beautiful area and to live the experience of growing crops in the vineyard and working in the cellar, if not visiting us for a wine tasting tour?
Tenuta San Giaime is an active part of the Slow Food Convivium and, since 2015, proposes the extension of one of the wine routes in Sicily, through MTV (Wine Tourism Movement), allowing wine enthusiasts to discover this pearl set in the Sicilian mountains.
The encouraging results and the acknowledgments we received convinced us to bet even more on the territory and on wine as ambassador of the area and its sustainable development.
The offer for visit and tasting
The visit and tasting proposal (approximate duration about 2.5 hours) includes:
- Possible shuttle transport from the bus parking area to the cellar entrance.
We are in fact on the road SS.120. The entrance to the Estate is about 300 meters from the state road where, if necessary, there is ample space for group buses. To ensure easy access for guests (who do not arrive by car or small bus) we will provide a shuttle for transportation.
- Weather conditions permitting and accompanied by the property, visit of one/two vineyard plots with explanation of the biological / natural cultivation techniques that characterize all the company’s products.
- Visit of the grape processing and vinification premises (with explanation of the various techniques and methods used), of the tasting room and of the Gardens
- Tasting of 3 glasses of our main wines
- Tasting of some local delicacies: «pane cunzatu» (with BIO flour from our “ancient grains” production) with BIO organic extra virgin olive oil, oregano and anchovies; dried tomatoes, olives, salami and local cheeses paired with compotes and homemade jams. Small dry confectionery from the DOP production of Gangi.
Price per person: 18€
The proposal can be integrated with:
- One course: BIO home made pasta locally produced with meat sauce and / or vegetables from our organic garden
- A fresh sweet pastry typical of the area
Price per person: 22€
The light lunch will be served as a buffet, subject to weather conditions, in the barbecue and swimming pool area inside the Gardens. In case of adverse weather conditions, it will take place inside the tasting room or in the porches of the terraces
It will also be possible for guests to buy the products of the company with shipment, at our care, directly to their final destination addresses in most EU and non-EU countries (subject to any restrictive legislation of the countries of destination)
The offer for the visit of the village
If the guests are interested, by advance booking only, it will be possible to visit the “Borgo Antico” as follows.
Departure at 15.00.
The Group will be accompanied by a dedicated guide of the Estate or the local Tourist Office, which will lead them to:
- Palazzo Bongiorno (representative building of the Municipal Offices)
- San Nicola Church’s Crypt, where the bodies of embalmed priests rest (the only example in Sicily besides the Catacombs of the Capuchins in Palermo)
- Civic Museum with the “Giambecchina Foundation” and the part dedicated to the archaeological finds of “Monte Alburchia” (where the old Engium once stood), the weapons section, etc.
The costs related to the extension of the visit to the town of Gangi are the following:
2,00€ per person to be paid at the entrance of the Crypt of the Embalmed Priests;
3,00€ per person to be paid directly at the Museum ticket office.
It will be possible to use a tour guide, the cost of which will be agreed based on the number of participants and the chosen language (Italian, English, Spanish or French).
For info and reservations, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org